Friday, August 29, 2008

Chemo

I didn't think I would write anymore - but then decided that perhaps this was a good way to keep track - and therapy for me!
Tim had a port put in to make it easier to receive the drugs on Aug. 11.
We went to chemo training on Friday, Aug. 15. WOW! I never really thought about chemo - except when you hear about it - you watch to see if the person you know is bald! This is scary stuff - the more the nurse talked the more I thought that if it were me -I would leave, find a cave and never go back! She has to go through all the possible side effects - but she really doesn't say they are only possibilities....she just starts in with "you will get" "you will feel" "you will experience"...... I don't know how Tim felt through all the "teaching" but I started feeling very queasy. His biggest adversions will be to cold. Once treatment starts he can't have anything cold! AND.....he will probably keep all his white, wooly hair! (I was secretly hoping it would fall out and come back in nice and dark). I figure if this chemical stuff is going to alter his body - I would at least see some some young handsome stud when it was over. Realistically, I think you are lucky if you don't end up all withered!

No comments: