Thursday, July 24, 2008

Home at last

I forgot to update this with the last important information - Tim was released from the hospital on Wednesday afternoon. We got home about 5:30. It is good to be home!
The dogs are glad to see Tim.
It is Thursday - and I came to work for a while. I'm trying to save back some of my sick time to take off for additional doctor appointments, etc. Although, I don't forsee any vacations at the moment - so using vacation hours isn't going to hurt anything!
Tim is ok'd to do pretty much anything within reason. He can't lift anything over 10 pounds for about 6 weeks. (Yes, we've heard the old joke.....and no, I don't need to help him in the bathroom!!) If you haven't heard that one - we might be able to fill you in!! :)
Tim will go back to Indy sometime next week to have the staples removed. And he is to contact his oncologist to start Chemo within the next 2 weeks. I hope that process goes without too much upset.
I hope you have all been able to enjoy reading my entries and keeping up with Tim. I'm not sure I will need to make any more entries!
Thanks to all of you for your thoughts, prayers and contact!

2 comments:

Van Neie said...

That is really great news! We are here in Cumberland, MD, on our way home. We have every reason to believe that Tim will conquer all this.

Van & Marilyn

Ken Lanie said...

Linda,

Have enjoyed your updates and blog. It really keeps all of us informed.

Several have said you are quite a good writer including me. Ever consider writing short stories or something? I think you would be real good at it.

Later......Ken L