Monday, July 21, 2008

Monday - afternoon

Here it is Monday afternoon, already! How the day flies sitting here staring at the walls! I did go sit in the hallway and watch the activity up and down the halls. Oh, the stories I can make up out there!
Tim is hanging in there - or out there.....I don't know which way anymore. He complains of being sore, bloated, etc. That may pass in a year or so...... (Actually, hope he passes something quicker than that!)
Obviously, not much is new up here, anymore! He is to move onto a little thicker liquid. He can have "whipped" oatmeal. I secretly hope he orders that - I want to see what that is! Someone indicated it is oatmeal that has been in the blender. Sounds interesting.....Might be a whole new way to make it at home!! I'd think he'd be ready for some baby food - like whipped peas and whipped chicken (or is that a chicken that was bad?).
He's really into the morphine drip - and I keep telling him he needs to (eat) something else.
Well, I have the nurses going now.....I asked about some antacid - he has heartburn - and I asked if the painkiller was stopping up what little might be in there.....so now they are in a dizzy trying to figure out how to "dose" both ends. Pain killers will create constipation..... and I was wondering if the morphine could be causing some of the bloating.....
If anyone is interested - I went home last night. It was really nice! Felt like I had been gone for 6 months rather than 4 days. The dogs were glad to have someone to sit with. I will go home again this evening.

2 comments:

linda pruett said...

we are still reading daily, thank you for writing so we know what is going on. you must be exhausted by now. we are thinking of you both and hoping tim continues to feel better. love, hugs and prayers.....linda and jimmie

Bob Cheney said...

Linda, Thanks for keeping up on the blog. It is so nice to be able to see the details on how Tim is doing. It is so appreciated. You all are still in our prayers.

Barb and Bob