Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wednesday morning

Today is a beautiful day = the humidity is gone and the temperature is nice. If summer would just stay like today - it would be wonderful!
I got to the hospital about 10 this morning. Tim was up and had finished his breakfast. He had cream of wheat, sausage gravy and biscuits, english muffins and jelly, fresh fruit, tea, coffee, milk, etc. It may be real difficult for him to go home and back to fixing his own breakfast.
Yes, there is a positive hint he will go home later this afternoon. Yesterday was the "wait and see" mode. We had to wait and see how the day went. We are now in the "wait and hold" pattern....... We are holding and waiting for the surgeon to come in and check him out. Then we can move on to the "wait and go" pattern. We can go, but have to wait till they can process all the orders. Then I guess it will be the "wait and leave" mode. We are leaving, but have to wait for me to get the car and pull it around.... I'm sure there may be more. The day before was the "wait and do". We had to wait for Tim to do his doo doo.
Oh well! I guess I could make a few trips to the car. It's amazing that when you bring nothing to the hospital - how much you have to take home. I can understand the maternity area - you get an extra person to take home.....on this floor we just get "stuff".
The young doctor that comes in to check on Tim each morning came in after I got here. He is really nice, knowledgeable and cute. I think he may have trouble making a go of it, though. His last name is "Abad". I'm just not sure how many people will want to see or recommend "a bad" doctor. He indicated that Tim's surgeon was doing some minor out-patient surgeries this morning and would like to see Tim before he wrote the orders to go home.
Until then, it's just more sitting around. Tim does look much better today. He is still sore in the abdomen - and probably will be for a few more weeks. He will come back next Tuesday to have all the staples pulled.
So.....you will all have to "wait" until I let you know we can leave!!

No comments: