Tuesday, March 17, 2009

All about me!

Thought I would write a short insert about me! Wow! This will be very unexciting!
I'm living and vacationing in the CCH hotel. It is a nice place - but not very high on my recommendations! I can get clean towels and sheets and blankets - but otherwise for the most part ignored! (And that is expected!) I don't think there is any sound proofing - you can hear everything in the halls, doors opening/closing, anyone walking by, etc. Starting about 3:30 am the night staff comes alive and there is always someone in the room. At least I do have the luxury to turn over, cover my head and attempt to go back to sleep. I'm not the one being poked for blood or vitals taken to see if I'm still alive. The TV works ok - but not lots on! Overall, it's boring and tiring sitting here all day. Probably why the blog entries get longer and more boring the longer that we are here.
I would love to get out and walk around the area - but I don't want to miss a doctor coming by. I have lots of questions for them - and if they come in when I'm not here - and I ask Tim what was said - I get the teenager answer....."I don't know". So, I stay to catch them.
Last night, I did get out and went to Wal-Mart. It was nice to get out and wander around the store and just be away! It was also an ethnic trip! I was looking for some hair gel - and found shelves of items I'm not used to seeing. I was looking for something that would help me put some curl into my hair - and all I could find were products that would help relax the curl in my hair! I need a hair cut - and could probably get one and come back with some kinky waves and beads. Definitely a culture shock here! We are starting to hear talk of being dismissed.....I'm not holding my breath yet......but I am getting excited about the prospect of breaking out of here!!
I am haning in there ok. Megan brought me a care pack - and I have lots of yogurt, fresh fruit, crackers, muffins, G2 fruit drink, magazines and puzzles to keep me entertained! It's definitely a luxury. I'm starving for a steak - and can't wait till we are out! Everyone is welcome to come eat a steak dinner with us!! See you there!!

1 comment:

Van Neie said...

Well, it's time for it to be "all about you." Certainly we are concerned about Tim but the caregiver often gets shoved aside in these concerns. You should have a special place in heaven (but not just yet!) for all you've done in supporting Tim. I know, you're his wife, but still you are his rock and it is important that you take care of yourself. Thanks for keeping us posted and do let us know how YOU are doing as well. We all pray for a speedy recovery and a return to normal (unless you were never there, in which case we pray that you get to wherever you want to be!).

Van & the guys