Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wednesday afternoon, 3/11

My how the days are passing so slowly! This is definitely the place to be when you want to feel like time stands still!
We are definitely on the "hurry up and wait" list at the hospital. We - or really Tim - is on the wait list to get his screen umbrella inserted for clots. One doctor called it a filter,one a screen and another called it an umbrella - without fabric. When I imagine just the ribs of an umbrella, I can't see it catching much.....so I like the thought of a "screen" better! He was on the list for 6am - then 3 pm and we haven't seen anyone come yet....it's 3:30. So, if anyone shows by 8:30 tonight - I will be surprised. In the meantime - it's no food for the process.....then they said he could eat and brought his lunch tray. So, the hungry pup ate! Then one of the nurses commented as long as he kept it to soup, he was fine......(she ordered his lunch). But, they are on the ball here compared to other places, so not complaining!
Surgery is off......they kind of hang their heads when Thursday is asked, and indicate they are much more hopefull for Friday! So, we figure Monday.....but we are told it will definitely be before the weekend! I'm running out of days in this week......perhaps it is on the schedule for the 2nd Tuesday of this week. Actually, I think a lot of work gets processed on that Tuesday! We'll see. Of course the blood clot is a huge factor - and I'd just as soon they get that screen in place!
Mike asked if we weren't here - and didn't know about it - and Tim was just out running and jumping - (like a fairy?? or leaping dancer??) could he break a clot loose without knowing it. I'm not sure we ever got a straight answer on that one! Probably obvious why we didn't!
More - after midnight - maybe we'll be screening more by then!!

2 comments:

Rhoda & Rob said...

Tim and Linda,
We are praying for you. I believe in the power of prayer and that God hears us.
Jerimiah 33:3 says; Call unto me and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you know not.
We love you!
Rhoda, Rob and family

shelly surber said...

Tim & Linda,

Thanks for the updates! Know that we are all thinking of you and praying for your healing and recovery!

Larry & Marlene Boyd
Aunt Edith Boyd
Shelly & Randy Surber