Sunday, March 8, 2009

More of the beginning

Tim and I went home - to get ready for the CAT scan on Friday - and pondered the "How long have you had a heart murmur?" comment. I knew this was nothing to let go - and talked with Marlene, Aaron's wife, about it. She thought with Tim's history - this was nothing to let slide - and told me I had to make more phone calls. I took a deep breath - and called his cardiologist. I explained to his nurse the cancer history and his shortness of breath and now the murmur comment - and should we schedule an echo? She called the cardiologist - and I had a return phone call in 30 minutes saying an echo was schedule immediately following his CT scan on
Friday. Oh boy! Tim was not excited I had set more tests - but what could he do? He was much too weak to get up and hit me! Thank goodness for some small blessings! :) The girl setting up the echo said since it was a Friday - she didn't want us worrying all weekend - that when they did the echo, if it didn't look right the person would get the cardiologist right then; or the cardiologist would look at the results briefly later and call with any concerns; or if the echo was ok - we would hear from the cardiologists office on Monday or Tuesday - so if we heard nothing all was ok and to enjoy the weekend!
We went for the tests on Friday morning. The CT scan went fine - and we were pushed down the hall for the echo. For the first time I was able to sit and watch. Of course I don't know what I'm watching! I watched the girl take lots of pictures and record lots of sounds. She put some in color and you could see the blue and the red - and I knew from 2 years ago the colors in the different places meant something - but couldn't remember what. Since she didn't seem overly concerned, not did she get up screaming down the hall for a doctor I figured all was ok. Tim had the same feeling and he put his shirt on and we went out for lunch! We had a couple of hours to kill before we went back to the oncologist to give us the results of the CT - which would also show cancer. .........

No comments: