Sunday, March 8, 2009

March 8 - Here we go again!

It is Sunday afternoon. Tim's had several more DR's and follow-ups and will probably do nothing for the rest of the day. (Not that he does anything anyway....). Tomorrow they scheduled a catherization - to look for blockage - and a TEE where they go down the throat to look at the heart. After that we will wait to see the surgeon and hear what he has in store and when. The cardiologist said he hopes for Tuesday or Wednesday....but the surgeon will make all the calls from this point on. Tim has the flu - that is the conclusion from infectious disease. They are not real positive on pneumonia. His lungs are clear. We all have to wear masks - don't worry I have incriminating pictures! The infectious disease doctor caught me with mine off - I told him it was too claustrophobic and I was already infected anyway. He didn't like my comments. Oh, well. He didn't kick me out of the room yet.

I have been working on catching the blog up to date - so hope you have snoozed off from reading, yet. I would hate for you to spill a HOT cup of coffee on your lap!

For this being a "nothing" day - someone somewhere is writing the orders for Tim. The poor little nurse is working her legs off. They have ordered lasics to help with the fluid retention in Tim's legs. It's working.....He has to have an IV set up - they have put 2 in him so far that have not lasted. His veins are small and hard to tap. The poor little nurse just tried poking him 2 more times with no luck. She said she would put a call out for the SWAT team - at least that was what it sounded like. I guess if they can't put in an IV they shoot him and hopefully one of the bullet holes will make a spot big enough for the needle! I asked about a PIC line - and he's not a candidate, yet, due to the open heart surgery - they will PIC him all over at that point to set up lines. They have set up a vein mapping and an ultra sound of his arms and legs - looking for clots. In the meantime, Tim looks the best he has in weeks! His color is back, his breathing is normal, and overall he feels and looks pretty good. I keep telling him he is loving all the attention - he sure didn't get that at home! He is in a private room - I think all new hospitals are headed that way. It is very large; it has a 42 inch Flat panel TV, and there is a bench I can flip down to sleep on. I will stay in the room until he is taken for surgery. While he is in ICU - I will have to find other sleeping arrangements. Once he is moved back to a room after surgery - i will be able to move back in. It will be on a different floor - but similar to this one.

The boys (Aaron, Mike and Matt) were all here Saturday afternoon and left Sunday afternoon. It was nice to have them here - not sure if they and Scott will make it back.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Thank you so much for keeping us informed via the blog. Our prayers are with Tim and the family.

Love, Barb and Bob