Monday, March 9, 2009

Monday afternoon 3/9/09

Hello! I don't know where to start. We have been in such a hurry up state - and urgency state and now I think we are reduced to bottom man on the totem pole. Getting here during the weekend was actually kind of nice - there was no one else around - so if doctors ordered a test - they came up and got Tim and away he went. Now, it's Monday and back to usual business - and it's very busy! The nurses came in at 6 am to prep Tim and said he would have a heart catherization test (looking for blockage) and a TEE (they go down the esophagus looking at the actual valve). At 9am, they showed up to get Tim and took him to the cath lab. He was back in the room by 11 - and a doctor came in about 11:30 to see him. His TEE is put on hold till tomorrow or Wednesday - as they are busy - I asked about the original urgency - and the nurse commented that the doctors will just say that. The cath scan showed no additional blockage - so at least that little bit is good.
I still don't think they know a lot about what the infection is that has caused the valve to leak. At first it was pneumonia - then it was the flu - and we all had to wear masks. Now, they say he doesn't have any flu - but think it's pneumonia.....and took away the masks. The comment was that they will put him on antibiotics for a week. So, now I'm wondering if we will just be pushed back a week????? I surely hope the surgeon shows up today to unravel some of the mysteries.
Tim is supposed to see the dentist here - but they said in a day or two. Gads! I'd like to get this surgery done and him on the road to recovery so we can head home. Tim is enjoying all the attention and everyone waiting on him hand and foot.... He said this was our cruise ship vacation....we didn't get a balcony - but we do have a great view of downtown Cleveland. I was contesting this cruise - he was getting all the attention, meals brought to him, etc - I get to wait on him and clean up after him.
I slept in the room last night. My bed consists of a flip down piece of plywood with a 2 inch piece of foam. The only thing worse would be just the ply wood - I think! I went to Walmart today and bought a twin size areo bed...hopefully, tonight will be much better! Especially if this cruise ship isn't going to dock for a week or so!
I'll update later - although, I think we are done for the day!

No comments: