Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tuesday Night

It's 9:30 pm.....Tim finally went to have his catheter port put in about 9pm. Poor guy hasn't eaten or had anything to drink in about 24 hours. I have some of my corned beef and cabbage dinner left for him when he gets back. I also promised him a McFlurry - so if McD's is still open downstairs - I'll have to get him one!!
He's been doing fine - and I have been counting the hours till we could get out of here.
The hemo/blood doctors came in this evening and dropped their bomb shell. They want to get Tim started on blood thinner therapy.....and once they can get it started, they will want him here for at least 5 days. I'm already going nuts - as I'm sure Tim is - and this is overwhelming to me at the moment. I'll cross my fingers that this place where time stands stiller than a mannequin - will move a bit faster. (I think of better things to write in the middle of the night.....guess I should get up and write then....it doesn't seem to matter whether its day or night here).
Megan's parents came by this evening to visit! It was really wonderful having someone here. I'm sure my return company wasn't great - I'm in a bummed mood about going home - but someone NOT dressed in hospital garb was a fantastic site! Thanks for the company and dinner! It was really appreciated! (For those reading - Megan is Scott's girlfriend!)
Signing off for another night!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Linda, Thanks for your continued reports. We appreciate it so much. I'm not sure I understand what blood thinner theropy is but I'm sure I will learn in the next few days. It is nice that you had a visit with Megan. I hope Tim gets to eat soon.